Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Don't Have to Drive Tomorrow!

Tomorrow we are going to the city.

I am not a driver. I do drive but I don't love driving. I do it because I have to. My husband, on the other hand, is a driver. He likes to drive. He chooses to drive. Even on long road trips, I usually drive for about an hour a day, if that. My husband tries to relax in the passenger seat and he does a little, because he trusts me, but usually after about an hour, he's ready to start driving again.

Since our holidays at the beginning of July, I have been driving. We had to take two vehicles to BC since I stayed later with the kids while my husband came home. So I drove there and back. I drove to the city (two hours away) twice in August and once in September and I drove to a quizzing clinic three and a half hours from here last weekend by myself.

Tomorrow, my husband is going with us to the city and he is driving. I am not driving. I'm going to be the passenger.

I'm going to take several books and my knitting. I'm going to fall asleep on the way and maybe even on the way back, just because I can.

He'll drop me off at my cello lesson and my daughter's violin lesson and then come back and pick us up. I won't have to worry about parking in the Costco parking lot.

And we get to talk on the way there and back too, which in our busy lives, is sometimes hard to find time to do.

It's going to be a great day!

No comments: