Friday, September 01, 2006

The Beauty of Naps

I have a nap almost every day. It's a little harder during the school year but I still try a few times a week to sneak one in. Yesterday, I thought I would look up some quotations about naps, just for fun, and I'll post them below.


For me, a nap is a quiet time in the middle of the day that lets me recharge my batteries. I'm up early and this way, I can keep going until bedtime. I usually read for a few minutes, then sleep for 15-20 minutes, occasionally 30. It's just enough for a rest and not enough that I'm groggy. It's so nice to sink into bed with that "ahh" feeling!


Without further ado, quotes about napping:
“No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap.”
Carrie Snow
“Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.”
Robert Fulghum as quoted by Barbara Jordan
“Set aside half an hour every day to do all your worrying; then take a nap during this period.”
unknown
“There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.”
Ovid

No comments: