Saturday, January 06, 2007

Leaving all your concerns

I was reading in Spurgeon's Morning and Evening this morning. The January 6 entry ends in this way:

"...leave all your concerns in the hand of a gracious God."

It got me thinking again about how often I want to hug my concerns to myself. My mind easily gets on the hamster wheel of worry and I go around and around and around on that issue, instead of leaving it in God's hands.

And I find that the more I worry about something, the worse my attitude becomes towards my family. I get tired and grouchy, instead of resting in God's providence. But when I do give it to Him and let it go, I am able to not only have peace about it but accept graciously whatever outcome He leads me to.

The entire January 6 entry can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Morning and Evening" is one of my daily reads, probably my favorite next to the Bible. I saw your blog on over on "Rebecca Writes."