Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thankful Saturday

I'm thankful to be home! We got home this afternoon, both vehicles. I'm also thankful that we were able to buy a new (to us) car while we were away and that my husband is happy with the way that it drives. Now to sell the old one...

We had bad roads on the way home, and I actually stopped last night and stayed overnight in a small town because of the roads, but I'm so glad that everything went well. My kids were great and we had a very peaceful trip home.

I'm also thankful for audio books, which definitely helped with having a peaceful trip! We listened to Geronimo Stilton, a silly tale about a mouse that the little ones liked but the older ones just endured. We also listened to





When Santa Fell to the Earth by Cornelia Funke. Mrs. Funke is already a favourite writer around our house and this new book is very fun. It does contain a few "do you think that's a good thing to do?" moments (ie, copying a math test to get a good mark) but overall, we enjoyed it.

Our favourite audio book on the way home was Dragon Rider, also by Cornelia Funke.



This book is read by Brendan Fraser ("George, George, George of the Jungle"). I must admit, I was a little sceptical at first when I saw his name but he does one of the best readings I have ever heard. The accents & voices are amazing! We've read the book before but I had forgotten a lot of it. We still have about two cds left and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.

And now that I'm home and in my nice, warm house, I can be thankful for the snow and the coming winter.

No comments: