Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ipod Meme

Rebecca posted this meme and invited others to play. I'm sitting at the computer, scanning pictures for a scrapbooking weekend coming up so thought it was something to do. And the bonus is that I'm actually posting!

Here are the instructions:

Get your ipod or media-player of choice, select your whole music
collection, set the thing to shuffle (i.e., randomized playback), then post the
first ten songs that come out. No cheating, no matter how stupid it makes you
feel!

I have a pretty eclectic mix on my ipod so it will be interesting to see what pops up. It is supposed to be completely random, according to the Apple people.

Chromatic Fantasy, Bach, played by Angela Hewitt

The Kraken, from Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End (oldest son just bought the soundtrack yesterday in anticipation of the movie coming out this weekend)

Remember, sung by Zelos, a new band that was featured at the New Attitude blog

Requiem, with no other information. I'm honestly not sure what this is but it may be something else Pirates-related. I'll have to ask my children!

The Brethren Court, from Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End

How Deep the Father's Love, sung by First Call, on their "Rejoice" album. We bought it a couple of months ago and have been somewhat underwhelmed. It's an album of accappella hymns but they have jazzed up most of the hymns, not that successfully, in my estimation. It's OK but not a favourite

God Follower, sung by Steven Curtis Chapman

Prelude No. 6 in D minor, from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, played by Angela Hewitt

Lifesong, from the Lifesong album by Casting Crowns

I Hate Everything (But You), from the Mockingbird album, by Derek Webb

If you have an ipod and a blog, play along and leave a comment. If you have an ipod but not a blog, leave your list in the comments.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have that same Derek Webb CD, Mockingbird. I just got his new one, The Ringing Bell.

I like the song "New Law" from the Mockingbird CD.