Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Book & Movie Meme

My husband and son recently tagged me for a book meme and a movie meme. I shall combine them both here, just because I feel like it. Anyone who would like to continue the tag is welcome to do so - just let me know in the comments.

Name three characters (from books)...
1). You wish were real so you could meet them.

Anne Blythe
Elizabeth Darcy & Jane Bingley (same book so counts as one)
Margaret something from Jamie Langston Turner's books

2). You would like to be.

This is a hard one. Anne Blythe (she had her Susan as a housekeeper and lived in a beautiful place and had lots of children)
Susan from Narnia
Elizabeth Darcy (really, who wouldn't?)

3). Who scare you.
The spider & Sauron in Lord of the Rings. Oh and the Nazgul - I remember first reading that series & being terrified by them.

**************************************************

Movies

Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. I've never seen a movie more than twice.
Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. Never.
Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Colin Firth
Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Tom Cruise
Name a movie you can and do quote from. The Princess Bride (not often but I have)
Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Singing in the Rain; White Christmas; Holiday Inn; Sound of Music; Fiddler on the Roof
Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. See above.
Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. BBC Pride & Prejudice
Name a movie you own. Lord of the Rings
Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. I have no idea
Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? Never
Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. Can't think of one. I just got caught up with Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Ever walked out of a movie? Which one? Nope.
Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Almost anything. Probably Narnia last.
Popcorn? Depends on the price
How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Once or twice a year
What's the last movie you saw in a movie theater? Night At the Museum (I think)
What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? "Chick" movies (within reason) or fantasy
What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? A friend & I went to see a Woody Allen movie when I was about 16. That was the first movie I saw in a theatre. I can't remember what it was called but it seems to me it was weird.
What movie do you wish you had never seen? the half of Napoleon Dynamite I saw
What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? The Village
What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? The Village (recent watches - when I was a teen, I saw parts of the Rambo movies & I think maybe parts of one of the slasher movies and those were scary - even with my hood over my face, it was scary!)
What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? I have no idea - probably the Pixar movies?

No comments: