Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oh how fun!

The mail brought us our Amazon order yesterday. In the two boxes (shipped from different warehouses, I imagine):


















Wisdom and Eloquence: A Christian Paradigm for Classical Learning by Robert Littlejohn and Charles Evans. This was recommended on one of the e-lists I'm on and I'm looking forward to it. I think I need some vision-casting (it's February).



















Believer's Baptism: Sign of the New Covenant in Christ edited by Thomas Schreiner & Shawn Wright. I saw this first on Justin Taylor's Between Two Worlds blog and read an excerpt. It looks really good and I'm looking forward to reading it. It's a series of essays on believer's baptism.



















The Art of Worship by Greg Scheer was recommended by Bob Kauflin on Worship Matters. I've read the first two or three chapters and I'm enjoying it so far. Most of it reiterates what I already know but it's good to read it from a different perpective.




Stop Dating the Church by Josh Harris. I scanned this last night. It seems like it is appealing to a wider audience and I think it will be a valuable resource for our church.

All but the first book are actually part of my husband's book budget at the church but thankfully he lets us have them at home first!

PS. And if someone could tell me how to link pictures directly, I would greatly appreciate it.




1 comment:

Kim said...

These all look very good. I love it when I get books in the mail!