Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Habits of the Mind & Body

At the Common Room blog, the Deputy Headmistress has been writing about habits. Today's post is particularly good, in a convicting sort of way. The questions at the end are some that I know I need to sit down and work through, instead of just grumbling that my children don't do as they are supposed to. It reminds me of a message I heard once by Kenneth Maresco. His main point was that we cannot expect our children to be obedient unless we have trained them to know what that means.

The DHM has been working through a series of Charlotte Mason posts. I really need to read one or more of the six volume series. Anyone up for a reading group?

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

It's been a long time since I read the Deputy Headmistress. She is very challenging. I'd be up for a reading group. I've been wanting to work my way through the Charlotte Mason Series.

SYAZ_ONCE said...

hye...