Saturday, October 10, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

I came across this about a month ago on Musings of a Prairie Girl and I've been meaning to do something with it. Since we're enjoying a lovely quiet day at home on this chilly Thanksgiving weekend, I get to spend a little bit of time blogging. And my husband inspired me by updating his blog!

For today October 10, 2009

Outside My Window -- Mid-afternoon cloudiness. It's been grey and dull here for the past few days and often tried to snow. However, the trees are yellow and green so it's still beautiful to look at.

I am thinking.... of how much I'm enjoying this quiet day. I had fun scrapbooking last night, slept in, had a good run with a friend and have been hanging around here ever since.

I am thankful for.... my parents' visit this weekend and my great family.

From the learning room.... making pies with the girls yesterday was fun. We're studying modern history and our highschool discussion yesterday was really interesting.

From the kitchen.... Thanksgiving dinner - tomorrow. Tonight is waffles for dinner.

I am wearing.... jeans, tshirt, sweater & slippers. My winter attire in this chilly climate!

I am reading..... a really interesting novel called Far North. I haven't figured out yet where it's going which makes for an interesting read. A little odd on the "humans destroying the planet" theme but well-written so far.

I am hoping.... to get caught up next week - school work & scrapbooking. And to get some sunshine for fall pictures before the snow comes for good.

I am hearing.... a tap dripping in the kitchen. Lazy, pleasant conversation around the living room. Laughter with my son and husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week.... Church in the morning, then Thanksgiving dinner late afternoon. Mom & Dad leave Monday morning and hopefully I can do school planning and general "day-off" kinds of activities.

This is written in the tradition of The Simple Women's Daybook.

No comments: