Monday, December 11, 2006

An elderly lady in our church is away visiting her granddaughter and had a bad fall down the stairs there so she is in hospital. I was looking up the address for the hospital and came across a neat program this hospital has. I don't know how many others have this program but I think it's a great idea.

It's called "Well Wishes" and it's a email delivery program. They have a form to submit online with room for a letter. The emails are checked daily and printed off and then taken to the patient.

Isn't this great? Not that we shouldn't send cards but sometimes, especially since patients are sent home quickly, it's hard to time a card just right. This way, you know it will get there that day. And in our online age, it's an encouragement for people to take the time to send good wishes for recovery, without having to get a card, etc.

I thought it was a neat program and I'd be happy to hear if other hospitals do it.

No comments: