Monday, April 22, 2013

Interesting Links

A Candle in the Window  - I just came across this network and it looks like a great idea. We have been blessed with both hosting people in our homes and being hosted. Knocking on a "virtual friend's" door can seem a little strange at first but the bond of Christ quickly draws us together. We have had a couple of duds but not much and even at that, it was never terrible. I'm interested to pursue this a little further.
With household budgets becoming more and more strained, travel can be a challenge! A Candle in the Window Hospitality Network provides a creative, economical alternative. And while the thought of saving money in a struggling economy is extremely appealing, we strongly believe the greater blessing will be in the fellowship and relationships established as others "come through" our homes, sharing God's faithfulness in their lives and we have the opportunity to do the same.
Homeschooling and interested in learning more about Charlotte Mason? I'm going to join this discussion group over the summer. 

I found this article quite encouraging. 

Unbeknownst to those of us in the study, our leader had asked other women--older, godly women--to pray for a specific member of the group. Our leader's mom had received my name and over the course of that summer she prayed for me and for my future and for my future husband and for our life together. She prayed for me to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord. At the close of the study, in August, she gave me a letter outlining many of the verses she prayed over me as well her hopes and prayers on my behalf. With the letter she included a paper bookmark with both our names written on the back and the date.
Something to mull over: education by subtraction.  Especially this time of year when I am starting to think about next year ...








1 comment:

Joy said...

Candle in the Window is a great concept - thanks for sharing!