Monday, January 02, 2012

Letter to a Young Seminarian

I just came across this article and thought it was worth sharing. "What would you say to my husband if you were a young seminarian again?" I don't think it applies only to seminary students - all families should consider each of these points. He talks about pastoral ministry but again, it can be applied to every family's situation.

Next summer, our oldest will leave his teens and I'll have one teenager and one pre-teen in the family. It goes quickly. As we watch all the little ones at church, we realize just how quickly it goes. You will never regret spending more time with your children. I especially liked his point about discipline.

" discipline more with honey and not only the rod. I would seek to help them understand that obedience really is better and leads to greater blessings, more “treats,” if you will.``

No comments: