Years ago, I was given a list of daily things to pray about for my husband, one for each day of the month. I've been a little lax in doing it over the past few years so this morning, I decided to write them out in my devotional book. As I was doing that, I realized that some of you may not have seen these before.
Although we all know it's important to pray for our husbands, if you are anything like me, you'll know that it's also hard sometimes to think of what we should be praying about, other than generalities or "bless his day". This list helps to dispel some of that fuzziness.
I'm not sure who wrote it originally so there is no credit given. My apologies if you know the person who wrote it.
1. That he might become a holy man, a man of prayer, mature in the Lord, growing in his knowledge of the Lord. I Thessalonians 5:23, Colossians 4:12, Ephesians 1:18-19, 3:16-19, 6:18.
2. That he might grow in all 11 descriptions of a man who will not be shaken as listed in Psalms 15.
3. That he might be a man of contentment as seen in Proverbs 15:16, Philippians 4:11, I Timothy 6:6-8, Hebrews 13:5.
4. That he might learn to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world’s thinking and to think scripturally. Romans 12:2, II Corinthians 10:5.
5. That he might daily seek God with all his heart, walking in the Spirit moment by moment, growing in his dependence on Him. Psalms 119:1-2, Proverbs 3:5-6.
6. That he would ever be captivated by my love. Proverbs 5:18-19.
7. That he would be a man of courage. Deuteronomy 31:6, II Chronicles 19:11.
8. That the Lord might give him wisdom to lead his family physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Ephesians 1:17-19.
9. May he always look at the plank in his own eye before seeing other’s sawdust. Matthew 7:3.
10. That he might become a called man, not driven, with well thought through and prayed through goals in life. I Corinthians 9:24-27.
11. That he might be a man of prayer, guarding his heart and mind, putting into practice what he ahs heard, seen and learned. Philemon 4:4-9.
12. That he might stand firm against the schemes of the devil and resist Satan in all circumstances. Ephesians 6:10-18, James 4:7.
13. That he might grow in spiritual maturity by putting away childish things, cultivating, understanding, striving after the Christ ideal, partaking of the deeper truths of the gospel, and overcoming temptation. I Corinthians 13:11, 14:20, Ephesians 4:13, Hebrews 5:14, I John 2:14.
14. That he might make me holy, cleansing me by the washing with water through the word. Ephesians 5:26.
15. That he would learn to not depend on his circumstances for happiness but on God alone. Hab 3:17-19.
16. That he would be a man who enters into spiritual warfare. Ephesians 6:11-12, I Thessalonians 5:8.
17. That he might have new strength in the midst of his busy schedule and that the Lord might infuse him with His strength. Isaiah 40:31, Ephesians 3:14-19.
18. That he might have a burden to see lost people come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Matthew 28:19-20.
19. That he would be kept from strange women and evil men and that his friends would be men and women who walk with God. Proverbs 13:20.
20. That his self image might be a reflection of the Lords thoughts toward him. Ephesians 1:17-19, Romans 12:3, Psalms 139.
21. That he might be a man responsible for family spiritual growth. Proverbs 4:1-14.
22. That he might not be deceived into unbelief, sin or bitterness. Matthew 13:8-10.
23. That he might learn to love as God has commanded. I Corinthians 13:4-7, Romans 12:8-10, Ephesians 5:25.
24. That the fruit of the Spirit might be exhibited more and more in his life. Galations 5:22-23, John 15:8.
25. That he might grow humility and being a shepherd. I Peter 5:2-6.
26. That he might grow daily in character. II Peter 1:5-8.
27. That he might keep a clear conscience I Peter 3:16-18.
28. That the Lord might protect him, guarding his course. Proverbs 2:8.
29. That he might learn to manage his time well. Ephesians 5:15.
30. That the Lord would put a song in his heart. Psalms 33:3, 40:3, Job 35:10.
31. That he may have a holy fear of God. Psalms 34:11, 111:10, Proverbs 9:10.