Sunday, November 04, 2007

Thankful November

Rebecca at Rebecca Writes is once more asking for posts of thankfulness during the month of November. This has spurred me on to actually post something on this blog. Hopefully, it will happen more than once in November, although if I judge by the way October flew by - well, we'll see what happens.

I'm thankful for technology. I'm thankful especially for my ipod and how many great things I can store on that one small item. I'm especially thankful for it at the gym. It's going to be my new best friend for the next 4-6 months as my gym partner is having a baby this month and is taking a few months off. I expect to work hard and learn lots in the next 6 months!

I'm thankful too for the computer and for the internet. It's amazing how much is out there - and there's lots of really great stuff. Through facebook, I've connected with some old friends and some cousins that I haven't been in touch with for years. I'm able to download messages to listen to on my ipod and I do lots of school planning too.

Of course, technology is like cars - it's wonderful when it works and horrid when it doesn't. But overall, I think that technology has enhanced my life and enabled me to both grow spiritually and to be in contact with other people who help me to grow and learn. And that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought your gym partner was Terry! I guess not. I love my technology, too, for all the reasons you've given.